Pages

chocolate chip cookie for one!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A few evenings ago, Alan and I made hot chocolate and a chocolate chip cookie in a bowl to enjoy outside.  It was cool outside, and we wanted to try to use the pergola bed half as much as the dogs do ... seriously.  If they aren't sleeping on it, they're jumping on it to see who can rock it the hardest and cause the others to fall off.  So far, Ophelia can make it swing the hardest, but Chipmunk always seems to be the last dog standing, because she's closer to the ground.

Anyway.  I found the chocolate chip cookie recipe on Pinterest, but when we tried it, I thought it tasted like a pretzel.  With some chocolate.  Not cool.

So, I decided to change things a bit, and this is what I came up with earlier:

chocolate chip cookie in a ramekin (or bowl, or mug, or wherever you'd like it)
  • 1 T. butter, softened
  • 1 T. white sugar
  • 1 1/2 T. brown sugar
  • splash of vanilla
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 T. egg, whisked
  • 3-4 T. flour (I used wheat, but apf would probably give it a smoother texture)
  • 3 T. chocolate chunks/chips
  • 1 T. milk
Combine all of the ingredients in a ramekin or microwave-safe bowl and heat for approximately 90 seconds in 20-second intervals.

Enjoy/Eat guiltily because your dogs are watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!

 
site design by designer blogs