Pages

vegan pizza + beet bourguignon

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

We're settling back into post-honeymooniversary life (plus, June 22 marked my first year of being here at Ft. Hood!), so I've begun making vegan food again.


First on our list to try were some vegan pizzas based on Green Kitchen Stories' Vegetarian Mini Pizza della Sicilia. The capers in the tomato sauce intrigued me and we had some little sandwich breads perfect for pizzas. Our toppings included artichoke hearts, olives, zucchini squash, basil, and shiitake mushrooms. We liked them--they're definitely worth making again!

I also made Beet Bourguignon. I did make a few tweaks/substitutions to the recipe, mainly because I couldn't find some of the ingredients at HEB:
  • fewer beets (I used three golden beets),
  • more vegetable stock,
  • shiitake instead of the champignon mushrooms,
  • yellow onion instead of the pearl onions,
  • French bread instead of lentils,
  • and a zucchini squash.
Next time, I think I'll use more mushrooms (and maybe a drier wine), but it's hearty and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!

 
site design by designer blogs