Pages

miscellany monday

Monday, September 16, 2013

lowercase letters

+ 3.21 > 3.1. I recently jogged 3.21 miles, a distance slightly greater than a 5k. It was a relief to know that my body is capable of completing a 5k because I will be running the Mogadishu Mile 5k in October. However, my knees were ridiculously sore/stiff the following day, so I need to learn how to combat that.

+ the d-word. Have you been keeping up with our deployment experience? The series first started as a personal way to quickly record my thoughts (I have a habit of forgetting where I put my journal) prior to the deployment. After I let Alan read the drafts, however, he asked if I would continue writing after he leaves, so the series may become a regular occurrence in the future. I also asked him to add his own thoughts to the posts, if he wanted to. You can read our perspectives in part 1 and part 2. Part 3 will be posted tomorrow!

+ train whistle jamboree. As far as we could tell, the Nolanville Train Whistle Jamboree had nothing to do with a train whistle. In total, it was about half the size of my hometown's fireman's carnival. And that's saying something. There was also a hayride, which didn't seem right in 90+ degree heat with various shades of green all around.

+ apple cider. I want it.

+ miss america. I didn't watch the pageant, but I recently read BuzzFeed's article on the ignorant remarks about Miss America.

+ giving. According to Gawker, the company behind this ad doesn't exactly back the philosophy it's touting, but it's still a pretty inspiring video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!

 
site design by designer blogs