I meant to post this on the actual anniversary of starting this blog (July 21), but something happened (probably life) and I didn't, which is why I'm posting two months late. But, if we were to pretend that it is July 21, it would be a year and one month since we left my parents' driveway. So much has happened since then!
+ I started graduate school. And have since finished my first year, meaning that I am now halfway through my studies!
+ We started hosting and leading a home life group. Since we first started in September (so this month marks a year!), we've covered Resilient Warriors, Community Bible Experience, The Case for Christ, Not a Fan, and Jonah. We're currently studying Galatians.
+ Alan taught children's church and I taught the ladies' Sunday morning life group. Alan was teaching the first Sunday of the month but stopped when the schedule changed. I stepped back from facilitating this autumn because I was ridiculously burned out--after a year, I didn't feel like teaching was where God wanted me to be anymore.
+ We spent Thanksgiving with friends. It was my first Thanksgiving without my parents and sister, but it was also our first Thanksgiving as our own family.
+ Alan went to the field and we spent our first week apart. He has gone to the field twice since we've been married. It seemed like a long time at the time, but I know it was nothing compared to what we're going to face.
+ We drove to PA to visit family for Christmas.
+ The Baking Brigade was born. Since its inception, we've served hundreds of cookies, brownies, muffins, and cupcakes to soldiers.
+ I got vertigo. Not once but twice.
+ We temporarily fostered two children for a friend and I received a huge dose of humility.
+ We went to Galveston. It was my first trip to the beach in a while; it's comforting to know that a beach is just a few hours' drive away.
+ We celebrated our honeymooniversary with a Disney cruise!
+ I witnessed a birth! And now have unrealistic expectations about childbirth, although my friend says it looked easy because of the epidural.
+ We took a semi-spur-of-the-moment trip to Walt Disney World! I just realized that I never even blogged about that. I don't even know how that happened. Therefore, there will be an upcoming post about Walt Disney World.
+ Alan hit his 20-year mark of service in the Army!
+ I also realized what it means for me to be content and how to cultivate peace in my life. I try to live my life so as to take time for the little things that make me happy. That usually means reading, praying, or quilting outside with a cup of coffee in the mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!