Pages

give when it's not fair.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

 

I'd love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on you

I may or may not sing along with this song every time it plays on the radio.

Lately, I've realized that giving when it's not fair seems like a mostly Christian value that isn't shared in the world. And I'm not saying this to be puff up or draw attention to myself, but it leads to a lot of "You'd have more money if you'd stop giving it away" conversations that end up going in circles. Not that we're struggling financially--if anything, it's the opposite, but the concept of not putting every extra cent into savings just seems wrong to some people. Still. I believe that I am working toward being content with less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!

 
site design by designer blogs