+ moving on. The kids left for another placement (with relatives) at the beginning of June. The two and a half-ish months that they were with us were some of the most educational, stressful, testing, enjoyable weeks. I'm beyond grateful that Alan and I were able to share the experience together; we learned a lot, too.
+ 4.0. Thanks to God for blessing me and our awesome friends for babysitting when Alan worked and I had class, I finished the semester with a 4.0!
+ 1 cav demo. There is free entertainment and education on Ft. Hood. Every Thursday at 10:00 a.m., the 1st Cavalry performs a demonstration for the public. If you ask, they'll even give you a tour of the stables, farrier, and leather shops, and teach you about the weapons and riding/ground crews. It was ridiculously educational and exciting.
+ best compliment ever. "You guys are really different. Not in a bad way. You don't argue or anything. I don't think I've ever known anyone like that." --the oldest of the two children we fostered
+ c.t. studd. I discovered a favorite quote.
Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell.
+ the little things. A friend gave me a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates because "sometimes moms need to hide in the closet, and you are an acting mom."
+ little owl. I hosted a Pinterest-inspired, owl-themed baby shower for a friend. It was a little nerve-wracking because I've never hosted one before and I wanted it to be super special for her! My wonderful husband arranged the fruit, sliced the cheeses, and helped me decorate the house. Another of our friends came early to help prep food. It was a lot of fun and it was wonderful to see other ladies support a mom-to-be!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!