I was about nine minutes into my frustration when I remembered that there are about half a million other gates that I could use to leave post. I was so caught up in just getting around the small, one-block obstacle that I didn't consider any other option.
I just wanted the shortest route, the one that I knew the best. And, by that time, I didn't feel like cutting my losses, so I just waited in traffic.
Once I got through the construction, I started thinking about how life is sometimes like that. I get so hung up on whatever stress I'm dealing with that I don't stop to take a breath and think about other options.
I spend so much time focusing on the issue in front of me that I don't hear God telling me that there's another way. And, even if I do hear Him, I'm reluctant to listen because whatever He's suggesting is not what I usually do.
It's new. It's different. I'm not used to it. I might make mistakes.
I knew that, had I taken one of the other gates off post, I could have found my way home. Eventually. But, I probably would have made some wrong turns, and I was afraid of exploring uncharted territory alone.
But as believers, we are never alone.
God promises to always be with us.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." -Deuteronomy 31:6
Even when life is rough and we feel overwhelmed, He is there.
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." -1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:
Post a Comment
Speak love, speak life. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your heart and your words with us!